Social Work & Counselling services
Uniquely tailored support for people with Acquired Brain Injury and other Neurological Conditions
At ONE Rehabilitation Service our experienced Social Workers provide you with the support you need to get back on track.
We understand the impact that acquired brain injury and other neurological conditions can have on your life and your overall well-being. We believe that every person has the right to fulfil their potential and live meaningful and rewarding lives, regardless of their life situation.
Download our social work eBook below:
Download our social work brochure below:
What is social work?
Social workers support people to make change in their lives to improve their personal and social well-being. This happens by identifying issues that require change and connecting people with support such as secure housing or family therapy. Social workers have knowledge of human behaviour and development, life cycle stages, families and social networks, disability and health, including mental health.
Allied Health Professions Australia, 2017.
Benefits of Social Work
Improved relationships with your
family and significant others
A better adjustment to life with a brain injury or neurological condition
A stronger sense of belonging and connection to the community
Holistic rehabilitation and recovery
Supported to be as independent as possible
Reduced stress and anxiety, including for family and carers
Improved access to services and resources
Services that are well coordinated with good communication
OUR PROGRAMS provide
- Case coordination and advocacy
- Assistance with life stages and transitions
- Identification of useful services and referrals
- Help to navigate systems like Centrelink and NDIS
- Support to help you explore and implement effective coping strategies
- Counselling, support and education for you, your family and significant others
- Support for you to make choices for yourself that will lead to a more independent life
- Help with your legal, housing, transport and financial matters
- Support for community reintegration and participation
- Facilitation and help with sustaining engagement between you, and your rehabilitation and support services
- A service that is non-judgmental and culturally sensitive
Our team of social workers
Principal social worker
Senior social worker